giovedì 22 ottobre 2015

IT’S PUMPINK’S TIME!


IT’S PUMPINK’S TIME!

In London autumn is finally coming. Unfortunately, sunny and hot days have gone, though in London you never really know exactly how to wear when going out home, even in summer!
However, the cold season will last at least for the next 6/7 months, but autumn is a season that I don’t mind.
For this reason, I am getting ready for the coming season. I think I’ll change  my diet, although salads will always be an integral part of it. Hot dishes are always welcome by human body, especially when the temperature outside is very cold. That’s why I think that pumpkin based dishes are the best to eat during this period.

CREAMY PUMPINK AND PORCINI MUSHROOMS SOUP

Recipe for two people:
-          600 g of peeled, deseeded pumpkin pulp (try the “Mantovana” type);
-          250 g of fresh or dried porcini mushrooms;
-          1 shallot (type of onion);
-          1 garlic clove;
-          Some sage leaves;
-          1 liter of hot vegetable broth;
-          Extra virgin olive oil;
-          Salt and pepper.

I think that this creamy hot soup can alleviate the cold. Preparation is very easy: you just have to cut the pumpkins and the porcini mushrooms into bite-sized pieces, put them into a small casserole with extra virgin olive oil, add water if necessary, sweat the vegetables for 5 minutes, and then blend it for about 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
When you serve the soup, put it into bowls. Cut a few slices of good slightly toasted bread, where you can spread some garlic with a drop of olive oil, just to make the dish more creamy and tasty.  
I don’t mind this soup, but I think it’s a good alternative to warm up itself during the colder months. I love the flavor combination of this soup!

Have a nice and warming night!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento