mercoledì 24 febbraio 2016

THE UNCONVENTIONAL VEGAN VERSION OF PIZZOCCHERI PASTA, SAVOY CABBAGE AND POTATOES

The cold season has arrived and we are more likely to feel its effects.
In these very freezing days, I was looking for some warm main course to heat myself up  and to provide more calories.

PIZZOCCHERI ARE NOTHING BAD FOOD!
Pizzoccheri are a type of a flat ribbon pasta, a typical dish from an Italian area, called Valtellina. You may need to slightly modify their original recipe to have a more Vegan version. For instance, you need to replace the butter and the cheese with other vegetable fat. You can also make Pizzoccheri pasta totally avoiding the use of any kind of fat. In this case, they will result less greasy, but definitely delicious.
I would use only some potatoes and savoy cabbage cooking them in a frying pan with a few olive oil and some chili pepper, instead than the black one. I would rather add some spices. This version of Pizzoccheri pasta will be overall fat less and low calories but tasty at the same time!
I think I will prepare this first course in the next few days. I need some more time to gather all the ingredients. I really need something warm to heat me up! If I don’t find any Pizzoccheri available in London, I will definitely replace them with whole wheat pasta. What counts when making Pizzoccheri are the greens, since they are originally prepared with savoy cabbage, and  cubed potatoes.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento